Please contact us:
If your complaint isn't resolved through the initial phone call or email:
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of receiving it.
- If we can’t resolve your complaint or query straight away, we will respond to you within 7 working days of receipt.
Our process to help resolve any question or complaint is free to you. In some instances we may ask you to put your complaint in writing to help us resolve your issue. If you are not satisfied with our response, we will try to resolve your query or complaint within a further 12 working days.
If your complaint cannot be resolved within 20 working days of original receipt, and we have not written to you stating good reason to extend the time to resolve your complaint, you have the option to refer your complaint to Utilities Disputes - this is a free and independent dispute resolution service. More information about Utilities Disputes is below.
If your complaint or query involves your network owner and is more appropriately dealt with by them than us, we will advise you and provide you with their contact details.
Switch Utilities Limited is a member of this free and independent dispute resolution service. Utilities Disputes will deal with any complaints you have in relation to your energy supply in accordance with the requirements of the Scheme. If:
- You are not happy how we propose to resolve your complaint or query, or
- We have not resolved your issue within 20 working days after receiving your complaint you may refer your complaint to the free and independent Utilities Disputes service to resolve by phone, letter or email.
- It is clear that Switch Utilities Limited is not going to do anything about it, or
- Waiting any longer would cause you unreasonable harm, or
- Waiting any longer would be unjust.
Their details are:
Freephone: 0800 22 33 40
Freefax: 0800 22 33 47
Freepost: 192682, P O Box 5875, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145.
If you have questions about making a complaint, contact the Commissioner’s office.
Note: It is advisable that you keep all letters, bills, notes and photos relevant to your complaint. We may, or Utilities Disputes may, ask to see these. You must continue to pay any undisputed amounts to the Company while the Commissioner of the Scheme is considering your compliant.